Junior Motion Graphics Designer
TED is looking for a junior motion graphics designer to join our lean Format Development team.
This role is an integral part of our Media Team, working on projects that include motion graphics and animation support for social media videos, digital products, campaigns and general needs.
This role will be responsible for developing and executing animation and motion graphics for videos on all key distribution channels from the concept stage through production and post-production.
Working closely with our Format Development, Social Media and Design teams, this animator will support a variety of digital products, helping oversee each project through to its completion.
As a member of the team this role will have the opportunity to contribute to the brand’s video strategy and visual identity.
Candidates should have a minimum of 1-3 years experience.
- Create storyboards and style frames for videos
- Create video graphics and animation, as needed for a variety of digital products
- Maintain brand’s visual standards while pushing the creative envelope
- Work closely with Design team to incorporate design assets into motion graphics
- 1-3 years professional experience working for an agency, consumer brand, or media company
- Degree in motion graphics, animation or film production
- Expertise in motion graphics and animation across all platforms (TV, Web, App, Print)
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere
- Expertise in Cinema 4D and Maya a plus
- Editing ability in Final Cut Pro X preferred
- Ability to edit video and incorporate video assets into designs
- Must have excellent design, typography and layout skills. Attention to detail is critical
- Strong working knowledge of social media video, including trends and what is most effective in that space
- Excellent understanding of compositing
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly in a deadline driven environment
- Willingness to test and fail quickly
- Organized and structured workflow
- Possess a strong sense of self-motivation, initiative and time management skills
- Great communication skills
- Positive team player
- Experience working with cross-department teams a plus
- Experience in Broadcast, Agency or Commercial Production environments preferred
Pay and benefits are fair and competitive. We actively seek employees from diverse backgrounds. We're an EOE, and we only hire extremely nice people.
This role is based in our Manhattan office; full-time telecommuting is not possible.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Creative EditorVICEBrooklyn, NY, United StatesFeb 17
Cinema 4D ArtistCheddarNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 17
CG Lead ArtistImaginary ForcesLos Angeles, CA, United StatesFeb 17
Producer, Virtual RealityCNNNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 16
Producer / Broadcast DesignerViacomNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 16
Latest from the web
Stop Motion Animation Lab TechnicianAcademy of Art UniversitySan Francisco,CA16 Feb
Motion Graphics Animator & IllustratorGuy Bauer Productions LLCChicago,IL12 Feb
Senior Designer/3D Animator - Entertainment and Media Industry OpportunityTribune Company - Entertainment and Media IndustryLos Angeles,CA8 Dec
GUI Animator (REMOTE / TeleCommute / Work From Home)InfoObjectsSanta Clara,CA8 Dec
Assistant/Associate Professor, Animation/IllustrationMontclair State UniversityMontclair,NJ2 Feb
JUNIOR MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER/ANIMATORComedy CentralNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 10
Animator / Motion Graphics DesignerFullscreen MediaLos Angeles, CA, United StatesFeb 08
MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER/ANIMATORViacomNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 10
Motion Graphics DesignerVICE LALos Angeles, CA, United StatesFeb 11
Motion Graphics DesignerMashableNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 08