Animation Director - Rooster Teeth
Fullscreen’s Rooster Teeth Studio is a fast paced, rapidly growing team that creates award winning shows and feature length productions targeting gamers, anime fans and a wide range of others for both it’s own web platforms and others including YouTube, Netflix, Go90 and CrunchyRoll.
Rooster Teeth is looking for an Animation Director to join our award winning team.
This person will be responsible for overseeing high end animation production while working with the animation team to adopt practices that improve technical process and performance quality.
The Animation Director needs to be able to work with our tech team in order to create specifications for new scripts and tool improvements.
The Animation Director will work closely with the Director, so that in turn, the Animation Director understands both overall performance style guidelines for any given show, as well as what the specific goals are for any given moment of the show, and working with the animators to achieve that vision.
This position in based in Austin, TX.
- Review, provide animation direction, mentor, and give constructive feedback to other animators in order to improve both their aesthetic and technical performance
- Work closely with producers and other teams in the production pipeline to ensure a collaborative, efficient logistical approach to creating animation
- Work closely with engineering and technical artists to help establish new tools, pipelines, and processes for the production’s animation assets
- Provide direct education as well as help plan additional external educational resources, to ensure long term growth and improvement on the team
- Interact with directors to establish animation styles, intent for each moment of performance, and improve overall quality of each production
- 10+ years of experience in the animation industry with a focus on character performance
- Extensive knowledge of animation techniques and theories, with an emphasis on 3D animation
- Maya Experience Required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of animation workflows and toolsets
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a production pipeline
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven record of creating animation with a high quality bar
- Must be able to motivate and mentor other artists, and collaborate well with other developers in a team environment
- Solid knowledge of current animation techniques and technical solutions
- Must provide references
- 2D animation skills a plus
Perks + Benefits
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Use what you need paid time off
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
The Rooster Teeth YouTube channel became the 4th most viewed YouTube channel in the world (non-music) in 2013. The Rooster Teeth multi-channel network has over 20 million YouTube subscribers and more than 5 billion views, and the Rooster Teeth website has 3 million unique monthly visitors with 1.8 million registered community members. Founded by Matt Hullum and Burnie Burns, Rooster Teeth is a subsidiary of Fullscreen, Inc., a global media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at http://www.roosterteeth.com.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Freelancers: Design StudioFramestore - Integrated AdvertisingChicago, IL, United StatesMar 29
JUNIOR MOTION DESIGNERHearst MagazinesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 29
NY Production ManagerZoic StudiosNew York City, NYMar 28
HouseSpecial: Summer Internships!HouseSpecialPortland, OR, United StatesMar 27
After Effects Compositing ArtistNickelodeon Animation StudioBurbank, CA, United StatesMar 23
Latest from the web
Business Development - Animation / Motion DesignStudio CassisPortland,OR26 Mar
Motion Graphics Designer/Animator - Entertainment and Media Industry OpportunityViacom - Entertainment and Media IndustryNew York,NY8 Dec
Motion Graphics Artist -Designer & AnimatorXoriant corporationSanta Clara,CA26 Mar
3D Animation and Motion GraphicsLoch Harbour GroupWashington,DC21 Mar
Digital Design and AnimatorXPO LogisticsHigh Point,NC20 Mar
AnimatorFullscreen MediaLos Angeles, CA, United StatesFeb 28
Designer/AnimatorImaginary ForcesLos Angeles, CA, United StatesMar 17
Animator/Motion Graphic ArtistCoachNew York, NY, United StatesMar 10
Graphic Designer/AnimatorNasdaqNew York, NY, United StatesMar 08
Assistant Professor/Instructor in AnimationDePaul UniversityChicago, IL, United StatesMar 06