Motion Graphics Artist
We currently have a vacancy for an After Effects artist within our graphics team working for Hearst’s top magazine brands – Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, Esquire and Cosmopolitan.
Working directly with our Director of Motion Graphics, as well as two junior artists, you will have excellent opportunity to exercise creativity and ideation in creating and executing graphics packages in our team.
You will also have extensive knowledge of working within a VFX heavy workflow.
You should have at least five years experience in either a post-production or agency environment where you will have picked up the workflows and skills necessary to hit the ground running with our team, producing high quality content in an extremely fast paced environment.
You should have solid, demonstrable experience in all of the below, which will be a part of your day to day responsibilities while on the team.
• Quality Control/Attention to detail
• Familiarity with Internal Server File Structure, organization and naming conventions.
• Ability to make creative design choices, adjustments and add titles and graphics within brand guidelines to pre-approved and designed AE projects.
•Ability to create and alter elements in Illustrator and Photoshop to broadcast quality standards.
• Demonstrable ability to manage multiple After Effects projects in a short time frame, creating templates for junior artists to follow.
• Ability to think laterally to creatively problem solve design challenges under pressure.
• Full understanding of post-production workflow.
• VFX workflows in a senior position - advising our production staff on best practice for shooting greenscreen/effects shots.
• Ability to navigate Premiere to make edits and export.
• Strong background knowledge of codecs in relation to online content – Facebook/YouTube/Instagram.
• Time management skills are essential.
• Strong work ethic.
• Knowledge and ongoing interest in the following areas is a plus.
– Cinema 4D.
– VR workflow and execution.
– Color correction software. DaVinci Resolve ideally.
Hearst Magazines is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Freelancers: Design StudioFramestore - Integrated AdvertisingChicago, IL, United StatesMar 29
JUNIOR MOTION DESIGNERHearst MagazinesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 29
NY Production ManagerZoic StudiosNew York City, NYMar 28
HouseSpecial: Summer Internships!HouseSpecialPortland, OR, United StatesMar 27
After Effects Compositing ArtistNickelodeon Animation StudioBurbank, CA, United StatesMar 23
Latest from the web
Business Development - Animation / Motion DesignStudio CassisPortland,OR26 Mar
Motion Graphics Designer/Animator - Entertainment and Media Industry OpportunityViacom - Entertainment and Media IndustryNew York,NY8 Dec
Motion Graphics Artist -Designer & AnimatorXoriant corporationSanta Clara,CA26 Mar
3D Animation and Motion GraphicsLoch Harbour GroupWashington,DC21 Mar
Digital Design and AnimatorXPO LogisticsHigh Point,NC20 Mar
Motion Graphics ArtistActivisionSanta Monica, California, United StatesMar 02
Animator/Motion Graphic ArtistCoachNew York, NY, United StatesMar 10
Designers and Motion ArtistsManvsMachineLos Angeles, CA, United StatesMar 22
Designers and Motion ArtistsManvsMachineLondon, United KingdomMar 22
Motion Graphics DesignerVevoNew York, NY, United StatesMar 02