Thrillist is looking for a Creative Director to oversee and push forward our entire visual language across everything we do: video on all platforms, our website, our thriving email product, social platforms, informational materials, and more.
The ideal candidate has a deep digital background; a consuming love of food & drink, travel, and entertainment; and an undying commitment to making things look absolutely fantastic -- for the right reasons.
- Lead and inspire a creative team made up of illustrators, graphic designers, photographers, motion graphics talent, and more
- Conduct an evaluation of the overall Thrillist brand and our current visual approach, and develop a plan to take it to the next level
- Tightly manage assignments and deadlines for all creative staff members based on editorial output
- Re-conceptualize our video graphics packages and how they present our brand to the world
- Determine how to tie together major editorial packages that include video, written stories, social, email, and Thrillist.com, and make them feel like a truly cohesive unit
- Recruit top talent while leading all talent searches within the creative group
- Be wholly responsible for the creative team budget
- Minimum 5-7 years leading a creative team at a video-heavy digital publisher
- Know how to style video and photo sets, and create the right overall tone and feel for the project
- Proficient in After Effects, Premier Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, PowerPoint, etc.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Freelancers: Design StudioFramestore - Integrated AdvertisingChicago, IL, United StatesMar 29
JUNIOR MOTION DESIGNERHearst MagazinesNew York, NY, United StatesMar 29
NY Production ManagerZoic StudiosNew York City, NYMar 28
HouseSpecial: Summer Internships!HouseSpecialPortland, OR, United StatesMar 27
After Effects Compositing ArtistNickelodeon Animation StudioBurbank, CA, United StatesMar 23
Latest from the web
Business Development - Animation / Motion DesignStudio CassisPortland,OR26 Mar
Motion Graphics Designer/Animator - Entertainment and Media Industry OpportunityViacom - Entertainment and Media IndustryNew York,NY8 Dec
Motion Graphics Artist -Designer & AnimatorXoriant corporationSanta Clara,CA26 Mar
3D Animation and Motion GraphicsLoch Harbour GroupWashington,DC21 Mar
Digital Design and AnimatorXPO LogisticsHigh Point,NC20 Mar
Motion Graphics Director/ Creative DirectorThe Buzz LabLos Angeles, CA, United StatesMar 03
Executive Creative DirectorMirrorballNew York, NY, United StatesMar 13
Creative Director - Network DesignShowtimeNew York, NY, United StatesMar 16
Originals Creative ProducerNetflixLos Angeles, California, United StatesMar 14
Art DirectorReel FXDallas, TX, United StatesMar 21