Posted Jan 26
Art Director for Motion Graphics
New York, NY, United States Full Time
REPORTS TO: Content Director, Content Executive Producer
DIRECT REPORTS: Freelance Designers and Interns
- Conceptualize, storyboard, present to client, and play a large role in executing high quality gfx projects for a range of TV advertising and online applications.
- Strive for original, innovative and relevant design and provide impactful motion graphics solutions.
- Advertising and broadcast experience, color, and title safe, etc.
- Work alongside a talented team of art directors, copywriters, editors, and producers.
- Take a project from initial concept through testing, the production/post process, to final delivery under the agency directing team.
- Deliver on commitments and meet all internal / external deadlines, with an eye to building and bringing compositions to a final and finished look in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with external artists, third party vendors and motion graphics freelancers.
- Responsible for execution and quality control of all motion design work on assigned accounts.
- Collaborate with Directors, Designers and Production Artists working on your accounts to maintain brand consistency.
- Responsible for taking and questioning brief effectively from Content Director/Creative Director/Art Director, and adjusting/adapting designs in response to feedback and project evaluation.
- Responsible for delivering both conceptual and production projects.
- Be commercially aware. Time vs. profit.
- Assist with overseeing Content Department interns.
- Nurture and train any Junior Motion Designers and interns as assigned to your accounts.
- Keep up to date on technological trends and aesthetic innovations in the field of motion graphics, including the introduction of new techniques and software.
- At least 3 years work experience as a creative motion designer.
- Ability to articulate and create complex ideas and bring them to life in motion.
- A conceptual thinker with the confidence to be able to pitch ideas both to the team and clients.
- Dedication, flexibility, reliability, good organizational skills, and a high degree of responsibility.
- Advanced After Effects animation with plugin knowledge.
- Cinema 4D, high level animation quality, rendering and lighting (Physical Render) and Basic Modeling a plus.
- Applicant needs to be based in NYC.
TO APPLY, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Creative EditorVICEBrooklyn, NY, United StatesFeb 17
Cinema 4D ArtistCheddarNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 17
CG Lead ArtistImaginary ForcesLos Angeles, CA, United StatesFeb 17
Producer, Virtual RealityCNNNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 16
Producer / Broadcast DesignerViacomNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 16
Latest from the web
Stop Motion Animation Lab TechnicianAcademy of Art UniversitySan Francisco,CA16 Feb
Motion Graphics Animator & IllustratorGuy Bauer Productions LLCChicago,IL12 Feb
Senior Designer/3D Animator - Entertainment and Media Industry OpportunityTribune Company - Entertainment and Media IndustryLos Angeles,CA8 Dec
GUI Animator (REMOTE / TeleCommute / Work From Home)InfoObjectsSanta Clara,CA8 Dec
Assistant/Associate Professor, Animation/IllustrationMontclair State UniversityMontclair,NJ2 Feb
Art Director, Motion GraphicsThe Marketing StoreChicago, IL, U.S.Feb 01
Art Director, Motion GraphicsmOceanLos Angeles, CA, United StatesJan 26
Sr. Creative Director, Motion GraphicsTrailer ParkLos Angeles, CA, United StatesFeb 06
Motion Graphics ArtistWoven DigitalCulver City, CA, United StatesFeb 14
Motion Graphic ArtistTPNNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 06