Motion Graphics / 3D Animator
Mousetrappe is on the cutting edge of multi-media production, working with top theme park and cultural experiences to produce state of the art content around the world for everything from theme parks to museums to live entertainment.
We do this by amassing teams of creative, inspiring, hard-working, and focused people who believe in the power of storytelling to bring life and dimension to otherwise static experiences.
Our culture is based on collaboration, creativity, performance and having a positive impact not only for our clients, but the people who experience our work first hand as theme park goers, museum aficionados, thrill seekers and more.
We are looking for a freelance Motion Graphics and 3D Animation artist who is available immediately for onsite work.
This position requires an artist to be flexible and comfortable stepping into a variety of generalist tasks including compositing, 3D animation, particle/vfx, and/or rotoscope.
Must be skilled in Adobe Creative Suite - primarily After Effects and associated plugins, as well as having proficiency in a 3D animation software such as Cinema4D or Maya.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience creating media for non-traditional formats such as Projection Mapping, VR Experiences, multi-screen shows, gaming, or art installation pieces.
- Design and animate 2D and 3D motion graphics.
- Draw on a strong design aesthetic to take concept designs and continue to flesh them out in animation.
- Work collaboratively with Project Leads to take their guidance and push the development of visuals.
- Maintain clean and organized comps, built to accommodate ultra-large formats.
- Exude an easy and flexible demeanor, willing to adapt to an ever-changing environment and project trajectory.
- Occasionally may need to interface with clients, listen to their needs, and communicate creative solutions.
- Must submit a portfolio (a link to online portfolio, highlight reel, etc.) for review. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO/REEL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Submit reel of of work when you apply online.
- Background in motion design, graphic design, and/or art direction.
- Skilled eye for aesthetic, well-animatic videos.
- Technical and creative proficiency in:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, etc.)
- 3D Animation Software (ideally, Cinema4D)
- Ability to self manage, work independently, and meet client expectations and deadlines.
- Proven ability to work quickly and maintain project target goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in animation, communications, film, or related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience as a motion graphics designer and animator.
- Octane & X-Particles experience.
Please Submit the Following for Consideration:
- Current Resume
- Link to a sample of work and/or full portfolio
- Freelance rate
- Days and hours of availability during week
No agencies and no calls please. Do not send duplicate applications, samples or emails through our website.
Note: Due to a typical large volume of responses, only candidates under consideration will receive reply. To all others we appreciate your interest and thank you in advance.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Creative EditorVICEBrooklyn, NY, United StatesFeb 17
Cinema 4D ArtistCheddarNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 17
CG Lead ArtistImaginary ForcesLos Angeles, CA, United StatesFeb 17
Producer, Virtual RealityCNNNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 16
Producer / Broadcast DesignerViacomNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 16
Latest from the web
Stop Motion Animation Lab TechnicianAcademy of Art UniversitySan Francisco,CA16 Feb
Motion Graphics Animator & IllustratorGuy Bauer Productions LLCChicago,IL12 Feb
Senior Designer/3D Animator - Entertainment and Media Industry OpportunityTribune Company - Entertainment and Media IndustryLos Angeles,CA8 Dec
GUI Animator (REMOTE / TeleCommute / Work From Home)InfoObjectsSanta Clara,CA8 Dec
Assistant/Associate Professor, Animation/IllustrationMontclair State UniversityMontclair,NJ2 Feb
Animator / Motion Graphics DesignerFullscreen MediaLos Angeles, CA, United StatesFeb 08
MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER/ANIMATORViacomNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 10
Motion Graphics Animator & DesignerGuy Bauer ProductionsChicago, IL, United StatesFeb 14
JUNIOR MOTION GRAPHICS DESIGNER/ANIMATORComedy CentralNew York, NY, United StatesFeb 10
Motion Graphic Design & Animation Paid Internship - Summer 2017Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA, United StatesJan 24